In these times of great change, it becomes increasingly essential to connect within to that sense of the everlasting and unchanging which is always there, always positive, radiant and always filled with fresh energy.
The practice of Yoga connects us with this everpresent and abundant Source of energy.
Most people think of Yoga as physical postures, but Yoga is far more. Raja Yoga is one of the seven schools of Indian philosophy and has been taught for millennia. It offers a scientific approach to the spiritual life, with techniques for stilling the mind and expanding our awareness of spiritual realities.
In this 5-session workshop series, you'll enjoy gentle yogic movement, simple meditation, and exploration of the practical application of ancient yogic principles in modern life and today's world.
Together, we'll explore:
• Philosophy of Yoga - explore the ancient use of meditation and yoga as a powerful spiritual practice—a way to make the Divine real in your life. Devotion, an understanding of our energy centers, and the role of yoga postures are a part of that exploration. Also covered: affirmations, chanting, and visualization.
• Breath & Pranayama - control the breath to harmonize, increase, and direct energy in the body. Learn how to reduce fatigue, depression, lack of mental clarity, and other stress-related illnesses through the practice of pranayama.
• Energy & Energization - Learn yoga practices to help relieve many conditions, including chronic pain, insomnia, high blood pressure, nervous disorders, weight problems, digestion, heart ailments, and stress. Experience balance, harmony, and energy control.
• Aura, Chakras & Mudras (Anatomy of Yoga) - in addition to the benefits yoga gives the physical body, we'll explore the subtle energy bodies wprking around and through us all and their role in health, interpersonal relations, and our spiritual journey.
• Magnetism & Affirmations - The yogic philosophy of the "Law of Attraction." Through yoga, we can understand the principles of magnetism, how they can be used for our own and others’ benefit, how to benefit from others’ magnetism, and how to protect ourselves against harmful magnetism in others. Your magnetism will be enhanced, and your efforts to achieve bliss greatly accelerated.
The topics covered in this course present simple techniques for meditation that lead to a deeper understanding of yourself, your intrinsic gifts and your innate value. In time, this understanding becomes a natural part of your day to day awareness, elevating how you see yourself and how you relate to our world.
Accessible to individuals of all backgrounds and beliefs, experience and abilities, this 5 week course is designed for those who seek practical tools that fit easily and naturally into their own way of life.
BYOM: Bring your own yoga mat & water bottle, wear comfortable clothes that allow for movement.
Saturdays in March at Unity of Dallas
March 2 (11.a.m. to 1 p.m.)
March 9 (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
March 16 (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
March 23 (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
March 30 (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
Tuition: $50 per workshop, or $200 for the entire series.
So that we may prepare space and materials for all, preregistration is encouraged and appreciated. Reserve your space online: http://bit.ly/RajaYogaDallas2019