Unity’s founders, Charles and Myrtle Fillmore, were passionate vegetarians. Like many of the Fillmores’ prescient ideas, this one has caught on in the 21st century, as people around the world adopt plant-based lifestyles for reasons of health, ethics, environmental awareness, and spiritual growth. Victoria Moran, author of Main Street Vegan: Everything You Need to Know to Eat Healthfully & Live Compassionately in the Real World, coauthor of The Main Street Vegan Academy Cookbook, and host of the Main Street Vegan program, a top-rated show on Unity Online Radio, will pack into this lively presentation history, health, ethics, sustainability, practicality and deliciousness.
• Eden was vegan. Seriously?
• Why were the ancient yogis vegetarian?
• Why were the Fillmores vegetarian?
• If God cares when a sparrow falls, what must our creator think of factory farms?
• How can going veg help me lose weight, increase my energy, and age in slow motion?
• Can I be a vegan athlete, pregnant mom, world traveler, spry senior?
• Do I have to go all the way with this or are small steps okay?
• What if I tried this before and it didn’t work for me?
• But what about Paleo, Atkins, blood type diet, the ketogenic diet? – I’m so confused!
• Can I do this if I don’t know how to cook?
• What about vegan fashion, toiletries, and household products?
• If everything is spirit, why does it matter what I eat?
Come with an open heart, an eager mind, and all your questions. This
promises to be a lively, fun, and info-packed experience that just might make your food choices greener, your body leaner, and your life filled with even more with love and grace and joy.
Leader bio: Victoria Moran (www.mainstreetvegan.net) grew up in Kansas City, and in Unity. She is the author of thirteen books including Main Street Vegan (which has fans including Michael Moore, Ellen Degeneres, and Bill Clinton), and The Main Street Vegan Academy Cookbook, as well as the international bestseller in the contemporary spirituality genre, Creating a Charmed Life. Victoria hosts the Main Street Vegan radio show/podcast on Unity Online Radio and speaks at Unity churches around the country and for associations, corporations, and conferences about well-being, compassionate living, and practical spirituality. She has appeared on Oprah, Today, Good Morning America, and All Things Considered. With an academic background in comparative religions, Victoria is a certified Holistic Health Counselor (HHC, AADP), a certified life coach (CLC, CTA), and a graduate of the T. Colin Campbell Foundation/e-Cornell program in plant-based nutrition. She is the founder and director of Main Street Vegan Academy, an exciting 6-day intensive in New York City that trains and certified Vegan Lifestyle Coaches and Educators. She served through 2017 as “Peta’s Sexiest Vegan Over 50,” and she the producer of the brand new documentary, A Prayer for Compassion, to encourage people of faith to consider a love-based diet. Victoria lives in New York City with her husband, William, and their rescue-dog, Forbes, and their special needs pigeon, Thunder.