Welcome to Unity
We are so glad you’ve found us!
Unity of Dallas church is a positive, fun-loving place to worship, learn, play and celebrate.
We offer inspirational Sunday Services, classes, workshops and other opportunities to join with others of like-mind along your spiritual journey.
Unity is a positive, practical, progressive approach to Christianity based on the teachings of Jesus and the power of prayer.
Unity honors the universal truths in all religions and respects each individual’s right to choose their own spiritual path. Unity of Dallas offers community, acceptance, and fresh ways of seeing spirituality to support you on your spiritual journey.
We invite you to join us. We celebrate, honor and affirm you just the way you are.
What We Believe
The Five Basic Unity Principles
- God is the source and creator of all. There is no other enduring power. God is good and present everywhere.
- We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
- We create our life experiences through our way of thinking.
- There is power in affirmative prayer, which we believe increases our awareness of God.
- Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
God is Spirit, the loving source of all that is. God is the one power, all good, everywhere present, all wisdom. God is divine energy, continually creating, expressing and sustaining all creation.
In God, we live and move and have our being. In Unity, some other ways we speak of God are Life, Light, Love, Substance, Principle, Law and Universal Mind.
The Nature of Humankind
We are each individual, eternal expressions of God. Our essential nature is divine and therefore inherently good. Our purpose is to express our divine potential as realized and demonstrated by Jesus and other master teachers. The more we awaken to our divine nature, the more fully God expresses in and through our lives.
- Heaven is not a place, but a state of consciousness; we create our own heaven and hell here and now.
- We all have an innate capacity to know God through direct experience.
- The “Christ” is that part of God that is in every person. There is a spark of divinity within all people, just as there was in Jesus.
- Prayer works.
- We are here to set a positive example and be a role model for others.
- We are here to make the world a better place.
We believe that Jesus expressed his divine potential and sought to show humankind how to express ours as well. We see Jesus as a master teacher of universal truths and as our Way Shower. In Unity, we use the term Christ to mean the divinity in humankind. Jesus is the great example of the Christ in expression.
Unity founders Charles and Myrtle Fillmore studied the Bible as history and allegory and interpreted it as a metaphysical representation of humankind’s evolutionary journey toward spiritual awakening. In addition, Unity recognizes that the Bible is a complex collection of writings compiled over many centuries. We honor the writings as reflecting the understanding and inspiration of the writers at the time they were written. The Bible continues to be a valuable spiritual resource for us.
Prayer and Meditation
Affirmative prayer is the highest form of creative thought. It includes the release of counterproductive, negative thoughts, as well as holding in mind statements of spiritual truth. Through meditation, we experience the presence of God. Prayer and meditation heighten our awareness and thereby transform our lives.
Unity’s Mission, Vision & Values
We pray, meditate, educate, serve, and celebrate as we awaken to spirit’s empowering presence in our lives, our community, and our world.
We are an ever-evolving spiritual community beaming a relevant message that transforms human potential into divine expression.
Our Core Values
Love is the energy that flows as:
Inclusivity – We unconditionally embrace each person as a unique expression of spirit.
Integrity – We embody and model what we teach in thought, word, and deed.
Abundance – We bring forth an unlimited supply of spiritual energy through faith and imagination.
Gratitude – We appreciate and celebrate the fullness of life.
Harmony – We blend our unique and diverse perspectives into an integral and cohesive whole.