1. Wake up with “Good morning, God” as a first thought. “This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.” Put yourself in his hands right away.
2. Breathe. Breath in God, let go fear. Breath in faith. Let go fear. Go outside and breathe in fresh air. Look at the trees. Try to find a bird to hear its song to the morning.
3. With a first cup of coffee, read a devotional book/booklet to reinforce that you and God are co-creators of your reality this day.
4. Take a walk. Use your large muscles to let the truth aink in that you are a spiritual being living in a physical universe. Look around you at your world in awareness, (i.e. a morning walk with God). Sing simple songs of praise and thanksgiving as you “walk with God.”
5. Journal with your Higher Power. One easy way is to write a letter to your guardian angel and then at some point pretend that your angel write you a note in response.
Excerpt from Angel Power, Angel Love. Other books by Billye are The Essence of Loving and Women Pioneers in 12 Step Recovery.